All of us worry about things like health, money, or family problems. But people with generalized anxiety are extremely worried about these and many other things, even when there is little or no reason to worry about them. They are very anxious about just getting through the day. They think things will always go badly. At times, worrying keeps people from doing everyday tasks.
Talk therapy is especially useful for treating anxiety. It teaches a person different ways of thinking, behaving, and reacting to situations that help him or her feel less anxious and worried.
First, talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Your doctor should do an exam to make sure that another physical problem isn’t causing the symptoms. The doctor may refer you to a mental health specialist.
- What are the signs and symptoms of Generalized Anxiety?
- Worry very much about everyday things
- Have trouble controlling their constant worries
- Know that they worry much more than they should
- Not be able to relax
- Have a hard time concentrating
- Be easily startled
- Have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Feel tired all the time
- Have headaches, muscle aches, stomach aches, or unexplained pains
- Have a hard time swallowing
- Tremble or twitch.
- Be irritable, sweat a lot, and feel light-headed or out of breath
- Have to go to the bathroom a lot.
Credentails & Contacts
Alice’s goal is to help her client’s learn to make conscious choices rather than repeating the same old behavior and expecting a different outcome.
Years in Practice: 20+ Years
School: Philips Graduate Institute
Year Graduate: 1989
License and State: MFC30340 California
Cost Per Session: $150
Accepted Insurance Plans: All PPO’s
Phone and Video Counseling